CALL 0797 820 7455 9am to 6pm – Mon to Fri
Submit enquiry

Accidents at Work

Unfortunately thousands of workers suffer an injury at work every year. This is a very sad statistic because your employer is legally responsible to make sure that you are always safe and secure at work.

Your employer’s responsibilities to you at work will depend on the nature of the business and the job you are doing. However whatever your job is, the law states that you should always be provided with safe and suitable work equipment, given proper training and competent properly trained colleagues who do not put you at risk. You may also need personal protective equipment such as goggles, safety harnesses or high visibility clothing.

Your employer should always provide you with a safe place and system of work because workers in the UK are protected by health and safety regulations. If you are injured because one of these regulations has been ignored or broken by your employer, you may have a case to pursue a personal injury claim. If you are an agency worker, a part-time or casual worker or are considered to be self-employed, you may well still be considered an employee under UK law, giving you the same rights as other full time workers.

What kind of accident can I claim for?

Because the workplace is so varied, many different types of accidents can occur there. Typical accidents are ‘slip and trip’ accidents, injury caused by unsuitable or faulty equipment or tools such as a faulty ladder on a building site.

Injury and illness can also be caused by exposure to dangerous chemicals or other substances that are harmful to health, such as asbestos or dust.

If you have had an accident at work or developed an illness through the fault or negligence of your employer then you may wish to consider making a personal injury claim.

To get a quick estimation on the amount of compensation you could be entitled to, you might find it helpful to try our compensation calculator.

How to make a claim

It is always important to make sure you seek immediate medical help from your GP or a hospital if you have an accident at work. You should also ensure that the accident is recorded in your company’s accident book immediately or as soon after your accident as possible.

If you wish to explore making a personal injury claim, you can seek legal advice from our London based team of personal injury solicitors who specialise in workplace personal injury cases.

Our personal injury claims team comprises a wide variety of sympathetic and caring personal injury lawyers who will be proud to fight on your behalf and are dedicated to ensuring you receive the best possible result for your claim as quickly as possible.

Our Specialist Accident at Work Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of Personal Injury Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving the best possible results. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0808 250 6017 today.

Request a FREE consultation

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0797 820 7455
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen LLP
180 North Gower Street