CALL 0797 820 7455 9am to 6pm – Mon to Fri
Submit enquiry

Family Law

Family Law It's important to you, so it's important to us

Family Law Solicitors London

The ending of a family relationship can be an emotional and uncertain time. Our expert family solicitors can advise you on all the options for moving forwards. We understand that in family disputes, whether divorce, civil partnership, cohabitees or problems with children, you will want answers, assurances and support through what can be a very difficult time.

We will always take a constructive and conciliatory approach to resolving any disputes and you will be able to count on us to stand up for you when you need us to. We will get the best outcome for you and your family.

Chambers UK Leading Firm 2017We realise that one of the first questions will be how much will it all cost. If the divorce is amicable, we have a fixed fee option. Some people still qualify for legal aid and we can help assess whether you would qualify. We will also give costs estimates for more complex cases.

We are ranked as a band 1 firm for Children: Public law matters in Chambers & Partners 2017.

Download our Family Law leaflet.

Family Law team_July 2017

Our Family Law Solicitors are backed by four decades of experience. Our legal practice and team of London Solicitors have a strong track record of achieving favourable client outcomes. For expert legal advice use our contact form or call us on 0808 250 6017 today.

  • What's the process?

    Whether you are at the beginning of a new relationship, or if you are unfortunately breaking up with your partner, our team of experienced and caring family law solicitors can provide you with the assistance you need to help you cope with the issues you are facing.

    Whatever your situation, our team is able to advise you from the first stages of getting together, through to children issues, domestic abuse, financial issues and the breakdown of a relationship.

    Should you require assistance or advice on any family law issue, please:

    Please contact our experienced team either by telephone or email. For queries about the process, freephone 0797 820 7455

    We’ll ensure that the solicitor you deal with is the right match for your specific situation, helping you find the best possible resolution during this difficult time.

  • Meet the team

  • FAQs

    Please note that the answers below are not meant to offer legal advice and we recommend you get in touch with one of our experienced solicitors to explain your issue.

    My husband and I are getting divorced but we have already agreed that the children should live with me, although he will see them on a regular basis. Do we still need to get this formally approved by the court?

    No you don’t need to. The courts will only get involved if you can’t agree on these issues, or if the child’s welfare is a matter of serious concern. However, we would still strongly recommend that you have your agreement put on a legal basis by getting a solicitor to draw up a document setting everything out formally.

    My ex-partner and I are arguing about the level of contact with our children. How can we sort this out?

    The next step may be for you to take independent action and apply to court for a contact order, which will set out how often and when the children can see the parent they don’t live with. The court will then decide what it thinks will be best for them.

    Are prenuptial agreements legally binding in the UK?

    Pre-nuptial agreements aren’t legally binding in the UK at the moment. But that’s not to say that they aren’t useful. A pre-nuptial agreement will still be taken into consideration in the event of divorce and can have a significant influence on the eventual settlement awarded.

    Will my partner be able to claim a share of my house if we split up?

    Whether or not your partner can in the future claim a share of your house will depend on a variety of factors including whether his or her name is added to the deeds. However, we would also recommend that you draw up a proper cohabitation agreement, setting out clearly who owns what and what would happen if you split up.

    My ex-husband is from abroad and I’m worried that he will want to take my two children back to his home country with him. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

    There are a number of things we can help you do to prevent this from happening – and this is much easier than taking steps after the event. In some cases we can obtain an order preventing a passport being issued or preventing children being taken out of the country.

Request a FREE consultation

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0797 820 7455
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen LLP
180 North Gower Street